ST.LOUIS PARK CONTRACT FOR DEED HOMES
Welcome to Saint Louis Park is a city in Hennepin County, Minnesota. It is a first-ring suburb immediately west of Minneapolis. Other adjacent cities include Edina, Golden Valley, Minnetonka, Plymouth, and Hopkins.
The St. Louis Park School District, Independent School District 283, is home to seven public schools serving about 4,200 students in grades K–12students. St. Louis Park is the only school district in Minnesota in which every public school has been recognized as a Blue Ribbon School of Excellenceby the U.S. Department of Education.
- Ethel Baston Elementary School was closed; its building is now occupied by Groves Academy, a private school.
- Fern Hill Elementary School was closed; its building is now occupied by Torah Academy of Minneapolis, a private school.
- Park Hill Elementary School opened in 1950 and closed in 1967. Park Hill enrollment was limited to students in grades one through three.
- Park Knoll Elementary School was demolished to expand the Knollwood Mall.
- Brookside Elementary School, Lenox Elementary School, and Eliot Elementary School were closed as public school buildings: Brookside was procured by a developer who converted the school into condominiums; Lenox Community Center has the SLP Senior Program and preschool on the main floor, with nonprofits on the second; Eliot was sold to a developer who tore it down to build apartment buildings in 2014.
- Central Community Center, formerly Central Junior High School, now houses the Park Spanish Immersion School and other ISD 283 programs, including Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE), and Community Education programs including Gymnastics and Swimming. For some years, there were two junior high schools in St. Louis Park. The one now called St. Louis Park Middle School was then Westwood Junior High School.
- Peter Hobart Elementary School and Aquila Elementary School became Peter Hobart Primary Center and Aquila Primary Center, serving only grades K through 3, and Susan Lindgren Elementary School and Cedar Manor Elementary School became intermediate schools serving only grades 4 through 6.
- In 1970, St. Louis Park Senior High School served only grades 10 through 12 and had about 2500 students; now it serves grades 9 through 12 and serves about 1350 students.
- In 2010, Cedar Manor Elementary School was closed. Peter Hobart Elementary, Susan Lindgren Elementary, Aquila Elementary, and Park Spanish Immersion were converted to Kindergarten through 5th grade schools, with grade 6 moving to St. Louis Park Junior High.
|Schools in the Saint Louis Park School District|
|Elementary Schools (K-5)||Junior High (6-8)||Senior High (9-12)|
|Peter Hobart Elementary School||Susan Lindgren Elementary School||St. Louis Park Junior High School||St. Louis Park Senior High School|
|Aquila Elementary School||Park Spanish Immersion School|
For many years, a fixture at Park athletic events was the school dance line, the Parkettes, who served as cheerleaders for the Minnesota Vikings from 1964 to 1983.
Athletes to come out of St. Louis Park include former NBA player and current Timberwolves broadcaster Jim Peterson (1980), NFL coach Marc Trestman (1974), current NHL player Erik Rasmussen (1995), Junior All-American cross-country skier Andrew J. Cheesebro, and current Sioux City Explorer T. J. Bohn (1998). 1965 graduate Bob Stein was an All-American end at the University of Minnesota and the youngest player ever to play in a Super Bowl, for the Kansas City Chiefs. He later served as the President of the Minnesota Timberwolves from 1987 to 1994. Former Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee Titans President Jeff Diamond is a 1971 St. Louis Park graduate.
- Academy of Whole Learning
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s School is a Catholic, co-educational school serving students in grades 7–12
- Groves Academy
- Heilicher Minneapolis Jewish Day School, formerly Minneapolis Jewish Day School, Abbreviated as HMJDS, is attached to the Sabes JCC, is a private K-8 school. Teaches Hebrew in language and text and offers Spanish as an after school program. The school team is the Lions. Their colors are Navy and Gold.
- Torah Academy of Minneapolis
Contract for Deed homes in St. Louis Park, MN
- St. Louis Park, MN — Official Website
- St. Louis Park Public Schools
- St. Louis Park Historical Society
- Children First
- Benilde-St. Margaret’s School